Internal Communications is responsible for providing news and information to UA faculty, staff, students and other constituent groups. A complete description of the policies and procedures of Internal Communications may be found here.
Development Communications specializes in marketing and public relations initiatives related to fundraising and the University's capital campaign. Assistance, support and consulting services are available in areas of communication planning, writing, editing, publications, media relations, web communications, public speaking/presentations, broadcast media production, and photography.
Vehicles for communicating with these groups include the following:
• Dialog Extra – a twice weekly supplement to Dialog that is e-mailed to faculty and staff each Monday and Thursday. Deadlines are Wednesdays and Fridays at 4 p.m.
• UA Student News – a weekly e-mail of events and announcements sent to students on Tuesday evenings. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday.
• UA Retiree News – a quarterly e-newsletter directed to retired faculty and staff members.
Links to online submissions forms:
• Dialog and Dialog Extra: http://dialog.ua.edu/submit-news/
• UA Student News: http://uanews.ua.edu/submit-student/
• UA Retiree News: email@example.com